May 2, 2012
I. Call to Order: David Gay, Chair
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Agenda
IV. Approval of minutes from April 11, 2012
VI. Old Business
Item 1 - Academic Integrity Policy Revised 4/24/2012
Item 2 - Academic Integrity Sanctions Rubric Revised 4/24/2012
Item 3 - Academic Integrity Update - Powerpoint
VII. New Business
“A Resolution to Endorse Associated Student Government’s Intention to Provide Certain Examination Materials to Departments for Distribution to Students During Course Examinations”
Whereas, the Associated Student Government intends to provide academic departments with paper OMR (optical mark recognition) forms to be used in examination administration;
Whereas, the Associated Student Government also intends to provide academic departments with paper booklets to be used in exam administration;
Whereas, these OMR forms, and booklets, will be provided to the academic departments without charge; and,
Whereas, making these OMR forms and booklets free and readily available to students should help reduce stress and provide examination security,
Be It Hereby Resolved, that the Faculty Senate, assembled at its regular meeting, May 2, 2012, endorses Associated Student Government’s intention to offer these materials.
4. The following items are referred by the University Course and Programs Committee and/or the Graduate Council for review and action by the Faculty Senate at its meeting scheduled for May 2, 2012:
A. Course Change Proposals:
- Undergraduate and School of Law course change proposals approved by the University Course and Programs Committee on April 27, 2012: Table A and Table B - Special note: MLIT 1013, Music Lecture of Music Majors, was approved as a University Core Course by the University Core Committee and is being forwarded for consideration.
- Graduate and Dual credit course change proposals approved by the University Course and Programs Committee on February 24, 2012 and the Graduate Council on April 19, 2012: None
B. Undergraduate Graduate Program Change Proposals:
- Proposed undergraduate program change for the Fay Jones School of Architecture, Department of Landscape Architecture, – LARC-M – Minor in Planting Design (Table One, Attachments 1A and 1A-1).
- Proposed undergraduate program change for the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, College Wide Requirement – 50 % Rule for majors and minors (Table Two, Attachment 2A).
- Proposed undergraduate program change for the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Arts and Sciences – AIST-M – Minor in Asian Studies & Second or dependent major in Asian Studies (Table Two, Attachment 2B).
- Proposed undergraduate program change for the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Psychological Science – PSYC-M – Minor in Psychology (Table Two, Attachments 2C and 2C-1).
Gerald Dean Clayton
James L. Dale
Arthur J. Fry
Nicholas Roy Gyles
Henry J. Meenen
Ronald W. Skeith
J. Reed Welker
2012 (As of April 1, 2012)
James M. Stewart