October 19, 2005
I. Call to Order: Deborah Thomas, Chair
II. Approval of agenda
III. Approval of minutes (September):
September 14, 2005 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/minutes91405.html
B. Faculty Senate Chair
1. Introduction of Faculty Senate Parliamentarian – Dr. Inza Fort
2. Election Results: Senate Representatives to the Campus Council
C. Nominations and Elections Committee: Elections of At-Large Senators, Chair and Vice-Chair of Campus Faculty - Mark Boyer, Committee Chair
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
A. A Motion from the Senate Executive Committee for a Permanent Selection Method for the Representative to the Coalition for Intercollegiate Athletics:
Beginning in 2005-2006, the Chair of the Faculty Senate will appoint a current or former Senator as the University of Arkansas’ representative to the Coalition for Intercollegiate Athletics for a three-year term. The Faculty Senate Chair (or his or her designee) will serve as the alternate.
B. Election of Six (6) Faculty Senate Executive (Agenda) Committee members
C. Proposed policy change for terminating graduate assistants (Attachment 6). Approved by the Graduate Council on July 21, 2005 and recommended to the Faculty Senate for approval.
Attachment 6 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/attach6101905.pdf
D. Consent Agenda
1. Graduate and Dual Credit course change proposals approved by the University Course and Programs Committee on August 26, 2005, and the Graduate Council on September 15, 2005 and recommended to the Faculty Senate for approval: Tables A, B, C.
Table A - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/tablea101905.pdf
Table B - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/tableb101905.pdf
Table C - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/tablec101905.pdf
2. Proposed program changes for the B.A. degree in Transportation and Logistics, Department of Marketing and Logistics, Walton College of Business (Attachment 1). Approved by the University Course and Programs Committee on May 27, 2005 and recommended to the Faculty Senate for approval:
Attachment 1 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/attach1101905.pdf
3. Proposal to change the admissions requirements for the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Poultry Science, Department of Poultry Science, Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences (Attachments 2 and 3). Approved by the Graduate Council on September 15, 2005 and recommended to the Faculty Senate for approval.
Attachment 2 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/attach2101905.pdf
Attachment 3 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/attach3101905.pdf
A. Letter of notification for web-based delivery of the Gerontology graduate certificate program (Attachments 4 and 5). Announced to the Graduate Council on September 15, 2005 and submitted to the Faculty Senate as an information item.
Attachment 4 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/attach4101905.pdf
Attachment 5 - http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/facsen2005to2006/attach5101905.pdf