FACULTY SENATE MEETING AGENDA
September 19, 2001, 3:30 p.m.
I. Call to Order Ė Patsy Watkins, Chair
II. Approval of Agenda
III. Approval of Minutes of May 9, 2001(see http://www.uark.edu/depts/facsen/ )
A. Update on Promotion and Tenure, and status report on the University and Distinguished Professor criteria† - Paul Cronan, Chair of P & T Committee (this document may be viewed at http://www.uark.edu/admin/vcacsey/vcaa/pdf/evaluative.pdf)
V. Old Business
A. Dental Insurance:† Resolution, Susan Bristow, Chair: Campus Council
VI. New Business
A. Items from Graduate Council
1. Program Change in Sociology: Elimination of the three 2-hour course sequence in social theory; reinstatement of the two 3-hour course sequence in social theory.
2. Program Change in Public Policy: Addition of a concentration in Education Policy to the Ph.D. program (notification item for BOT and ADHE).
3. Proposal to create a Graduate Deanís Student Advisory Board: Voting item is to convert two Council seats reserved for representatives of the Graduate Student Association and the Graduate Student Organization into voting seats reserved for the Graduate Deanís Student Advisory Board. (The motion was brought to the Graduate Council by the Graduate Student Association, the Graduate Student Organization, and the Black Graduate Student Association.)
4. Proposal to change the name of the M.S. and Ph.D. in Agronomy to the M.S. and Ph.D. in Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences.
5. Graduate Council Curriculum Committee report:† Course listing and copy of curriculum change form.
B. Resolution on long-term care Insurance:† Raj Gupta
C. Election of 5 Representatives to Faculty Senate Executive Committee
D. Election of 16 Senators to serve on Campus Council
A.† AAUP meeting:† William Etges, Pres. Of the Guerdon-Nichols Chapter of the American Association of University Professors